Monday 2 August 2010

icon dimensions (0 x 0) don't meet the size requirements

I tried to upload the binary of my updated iphone app, and found Apple forced us to use Application Loader instead of the original iTunesConnect.

With the new approach, I got the following error

iPhone/iPod Touch: Icon.png: icon dimensions (0 x 0) don't meet the size requirements. The icon file must be 57x57 pixels, in .png format

I double-checked the image file, the size IS 57x57. I was puzzled, as it had no problem before(with iTunesConnect).

Luckily, I found the following link on Internet

http://www.iphonedevsdk.com/forum/iphone-sdk-development/54784-icon-dimensions-0-x-0-dont-meet-size-requirements.html

where tonymy suggested

Edit Project Settings -> Build -> uncheck Compress PNG Files


As you can imagine, this glitch is not hard to avoid. I always try not to make a fetish of Apple's products, as I believe nobody is perfect.

Next time, Apple should submit their applications to get our approval before publishing, just as our apps have to wait to be approved.

2 comments:

Usher.Net visit: www.paul-usher.com said...

Thank you. An hour of banging my head on the proverbial desk and I finally discovered your post.

One would consider that the App Approval process would check and advise on such a simple issue?

I have provided the necessary kudos to your blog in my blog about the issue...

P.

Billy Lavoie said...

Well thanks a lot, I was wondering why I was getting that stupid error message! (Way to go on the vague messages Apple!)